So Facebook is targeting certain individuals for not using their legal names, and as a result a lot of folks, especially queer folks, are signing up for other social media sites, especially ello.co. And some of them are saying they're going to go back to Livejournal. I signed up at ello too because I feel compelled to stake out my preferred name everywhere, and because a lot of my friends have joined. But I am really sad and annoyed that no one seems to be considering Dreamwidth as an alternative social media site. I trust Dreamwidth a lot more than ello.co (nothing against them, but I don't know the people running it) and more than LiveJournal (although I'm still cross-posting to LiveJournal).
- 1: People from Northern states starting with an M mock Seattleites preparing for a snowstorm
- 2: inspired by an episode of Dark
- 3: "Nonviolent communication is for the privileged"
- 4: (no subject)
- 5: (no subject)
- 6: (no subject)
- 7: (no subject)
- 8: (no subject)
- 9: Missing the plus-one or like feature of certain other social media sites?
- 10: Do what you enjoy because you enjoy it
- Base style: Modular by
- Theme: Purple Haze by
Expand Cut Tags
No cut tags